Middle School: Year 5 – Year 8
The Middle School Vision
Middle School will provide an innovative learning environment where all our learners excel academically, socially and emotionally through the collaborative efforts of the community, staff and learners. We are committed to building on the strong foundations of the Lower School and to prepare our learners for the continuation of their academic journey by giving them the knowledge, skills and ethics necessary to promote life-long learning and become successful 21st century citizens.
Head of Middle School
Deputy Head of Middle School
Attendance and Wellbeing Officer
Middle School Pupils’ Extra-Curricular Activities
We have some extraordinary talent in the Middle School and this is not just reserved for the classroom! Have a look at how amazingly talented are young people are. If we have missed anyone or if you would like your child’s extra-curricular achievements recognised, please let us know we would be delighted to share their accomplishments.
- Layla Grmusa is a member of Tip Tops; she has just started playing netball.
- Isabella Johns is a Trampolining champion. She has achieved her NDP Level 1 (first level of Competitive standard), is qualified as one of two people to represent Wales in British semi-finals. She also plays rugby for Tonyrefail RFC U10s.
- Tomos Rowe Plays football for Swansea City Development Team and Ton and Gelli Boys. He has achieved his mile badge for swimming. He enjoys Maths, Welsh and Acting.
- Brogan Watson enjoys working out in the gym with his personal trainer and enjoys Motocross riding.
- Sian Williams has achieved her Silver Medal for four years at Stagecoach. She has taken her LAMDA stage 2 exam. She is member of local Savoy Players group and performed in 13 performances of the Xmas Pantomime Sinbad. She enjoys reading and public speaking.
- Dylan Bryan Plays Rugby for Tonyrefail U11’s/12’s.
- Declan Williams plays football for Tonyrefail Boys and Girls Club, he has also played for the Cardiff City Development Team. He Enjoys Art and Computing.
- Mackenzie Williams plays Rugby.
- Cole Baker plays football for Cambrian Boys Club, Cambrian Academy, Cardiff City ADC and R.C.T. Schools. He has also achieved a 1st Degree Black Belt in Tang So Doo Karate. Cole has won lots of trophies and medals in competitions including Grand Champion in the UK Opens, two golds and one Silver in the World Championships. He is World Champion in Sparring and Forms.
- Harry Boote is learning the Guitar level 1.
- Macy Banwell plays rugby.
- Katie Bevington enjoys horse riding and regularly takes part in show jumping and pony club activities. She is also learning to play the Guitar at the rock school of music currently grade 1.
- Masie Button is a member of the Penygraig Dance Group.
- Tyler Caddy Plays football.
- Louis Carpanini plays football for Tonyrefail U13 and has grade 1 in Guitar.
- Tyler Causero plays Rugby for Cambrian U12’s and Rhondda Schools Rugby U12’s. He also plays football for Tonyrefail BGC U12’s.
- Kai Crossley plays Rugby for Cambrian U12’s and Rhondda Schools Rugby U12’s. He enjoys maths.
- Charlotte Enticott is in a Drama Club. She enjoys singing.
- Jamie Evans plays netball.
- Olivia Fraser-Jones is in a Gymnastics squad. She has been a member of Stagecoach Theatre School for 9 years and has performed in many theatres throughout RCT. Olivia is also a member of a community Street Dance group.
- Nathan Hawkins is a member of the Spectacle Theatre Group and is a digital leader in computing.
- Nathan Hayes plays ten-pin bowling for Rhondda Bowl Youth Bowling Club. He bowls in three leagues, two children’s and one adult. Nathan bowls in tournaments around the country, gaining trophies and medals alongside his peers. He is currently third place in the adult league. Nathan is also learning the guitar and enjoys Maths.
- Reuben Heaven is teaching himself to play the piano.
- Lucas Johns plays football for Cambrian Academy, RCT and Cardiff City Advanced Development Centre. He enjoys maths and English.
- Bethan Jones is a member of the Dan White Musical Theatre Group. She has the part of Wendy in Peter Pan that will take place in the Savoy Theatre July. Bethan also has singing lessons and is working towards her Grade 1. Bethan loves helping and supporting her peers. She is very kind and compassionate and likes to fundraise to help charities, such as MacMillan and Maggie’s support Centre in Swansea.
- Jesse Major plays rugby for the U 12’s.
- Jayden Moon is learning to Dj.
- Jaydn O’Leary plays football at club level.
- Leia Pengelly Swims for RCT Performance Swim squad and has qualified for National level events.
- Cole Preece plays football and enjoys all sport.
- Anson Price takes part in Gymnastics at Gym Fusion in Llantrisant.
- Megan Stephens enjoys football and rugby. She loves singing and especially enjoys dance, intermittently attending dance classes. Megan has a flare for computers, vlogging and putting together her own videos, especially music videos to dance routines. She enjoys photography.
- Ryan Thomas plays football.
- Benjamin Wilkins plays ten-pin bowling for RCT Youth Club at the Rhondda bowl. He recently reached the finals of the Rhondda Bowl RCT tournament coming 11th out of 31 bowlers.
- Cohen Williams plays football for the local boys club.
- Amara Witts has attained gold 2/3 in Lifeguard training.
- Kyle Daniels plays for Llantrisant RFC. He also a member of the Karate Club and hopes to attain his black belt before the end of the year.
- Tyra-Jade Davies plays piano and level 1 Guitar.
- Isabel Duncan is in a Gymnastics Club. She has achieved her grade 7 and her Gymnastics Young Leader qualification. Isabel is also a member of a Dance group and is learning the Piano.
- Erin Dyke is a member of an Athletics team.
- Ellis Gabriel plays the Drums, piano, guitar, keytar, synthesiser and bass guitar.
- Lewis Harrison plays football for RCT Schools, Cambrian Academy and Tonyrefail BGC. He enjoys mathematics.
- Daniel James is a member of the Gilfach Goch Boxing Club.
- Riley Jeenes plays the Guitar.
- Finlay John Swims for RCT Performance Swim Squad. He trains up to 8 1/2 hours per week and Competes most weekends at Sub Regional, Regional, and Nationals Level. Finlay is currently ranked 3rd in wales for 200 backstroke and in the Top 5 for 50 and 100 backstroke.
- Troy Johnson plays rugby for GGRFC.
- Sam Owen plays rugby.
- Joseph Parry is learning the guitar. He enjoys editing his own promos on his ipad.
- Joshua Pearce plays rugby for Pontypridd U13s and RSR U13s. He is learning the guitar and enjoys computing.
- Louis Pearce plays rugby for Rhondda schools & Gilfach Goch.
- Beverley Rees is a member of the Stagecoach Group and performed as an extra in a CBBC production. She is learning bass guitar.
- Jayden Rees plays football for Cambrian & Clydach Academy and plays for Cardiff City ADC.
- Abigail Rogers performs High Board Diving for Aberdare Comets and Wales. She has competed at National skills level coming 2nd in Manchester and 1st in Plymouth. Abi is also enjoys the RSD Senior Level 4 Cheerleading squad ‘Envy’ and competes in competitions around the UK.
- Brooke Streeter is a member of a Cheerleading Group.
- Samuel Talbot plays rugby for both Tonyrefail U13’s and Rhondda Schools. He plays football for Tonyrefail BGC u13’s. Sam is also a Bronze Sports Ambassador for RCT.
- Liam Timms plays for Tonyrefail BGC club at league level.
- Joshua Williams plays football.
- Mason Young plays rugby.